How to Pin Items to Start Menu & Taskbar in Windows 7

Today, we will learn about, “Pinning Items on Start Menu and Taskbar”.

As you can see, that we already have 3 programs icons available in Taskbar. Those are the default icons, which comes up with the fresh installation of Windows 7. You can also place your favorite program icons in the Taskbar, or Start Menu. Pin those applications in Taskbar or Start Menu, which you use the most, in routine work.

Just move your mouse pointer over the program icon, which you want to have on your Start Menu, or Taskbar. Then right-click on the icon to open Context Menu. Here you have 2 options, Pin To Taskbar, and Pin To Start Menu. I choose Pin To Taskbar, and I have my favorite application icon in the Taskbar. Now, I can open my favorite application, just in a single click.

I can also place the same application, in my Start Menu’s Pin program list. I again move to the same program icon, and this time I choose, Pin to Start Menu. Now, I have the same application available on both location, either I can access it through Taskbar, or Start Menu.

You can also pin your favorite programs by dragging and dropping them on Taskbar, or Start Menu. Just hold down the icon of your favorite application, and move it over the Taskbar. You may see a Tool Tip, display Pin To Taskbar. With same way, you can drag and drop an application over the Start Menu.

When you open the same application, you can notice that, the icon has white shining background, which indicates that the program is running.

Whenever, you feel that, you no more need an icon in your Taskbar, or Start Menu, then right-click on the icon, and choose, unpin this program from taskbar. If you do the same for start menu item, then you need to click on, “Remove from this list”. Or you can also choose, “Unpin from Start Menu”.

So, you see that how easy was this to place your favorite applications in Taskbar and Start Menu. Hope you enjoyed this lesson. For any suggestions and queries, leave a comment, and do subscribe to our channel, for more upcoming videos. Till then, good bye and have a nice day.

 

Comments