Microsoft Word 2016 Tutorial - Using Quick Tables

Microsoft Word 2016 also offers you
some readymade tables that you can use to quickly accomplish the job. These
predefined tables are called, Quick Tables. Let’s see, how to use this feature?

Click the Insert Tab, and then click
the Insert Table drop down menu. At the very bottom of this menu, you can find
the Quick Tables option, and when you hover your mouse over it, you can see
some inbuilt tables on the right side pane. So if you are thinking of creating
a table, let’s say, a calendar or Tabular List, then you can use these inbuilt
tables. For instance, I want to create a table for this month calendar, so what
I do is to select Calendar from the list, and instantly it inserted the table
into the document. Once the table is inserted, you can use the handle at bottom
right corner of the table, to expand the table, either in width or height, or
both by dragging it diagonally.

So, as you have inserted a
pre-populated table, you already have a predefined layout and design, and what
you only need to do now is to, change the contents of the table as required.
Quick Tables can help you to quickly done the job, like if you want a, 2
columns table for particulars and quantity, then you will probably like Tabular
List. You can then stretch it, can delete the contents and add your own, or
even you can redesign its style by applying predefined styles.

Quick Tables not only helps you to
insert the inbuilt tables, but you can also add your tables with your favorite
layout and designs into Quick Tables. Let’s take a look at this as well.

As I have this Crumbs table, and I
regularly need to create this kind of table in many other documents. So instead
of recreating and redesigning it each time, or copy this table from this
document, and then paste it into every new document, what I can do is, I can
save this table into Quick Tables, and whenever I will need it, I can insert it
right from the Quick Tables.

So, to do this, first I need to select
the entire table, which I can do by clicking on Four Arrow Button on Top Left
Corner of the table. Then I click on Insert tab, then Table, point to Quick
Tables, and at the very bottom, you can see the option “Save Selection to Quick
Tables Gallery”. I select this option, and here you can type the information
about your Quick Table style like Name, Gallery, Category and Description,
which will help you to easily identify this table from the list, if you are
planning to add more tables into Quick Styles tables. For now, I just type the
name for my Quick Table, and let the remain default. Once this is done, and
later if I need to insert the same style table, I can quickly do this by
inserting it from Quick Table.

So, Quick Tables can save you on time
if you need to work with a lot of tables every day. If you like this video,
then tell us by leaving a comment in the comment section below. 




Comments